Compliance Solutions in India
We at India Connector understand compliance in the local context and can help you navigate the pitfalls you might experience while doing business with India:
1. India has a well laid out legal system/ process. It can be overloaded and sometimes slow.
2. Taxes are high and procedures are complex.
3. The culture of tipping (‘baksheesh’) for speeding up provision of services exists to some extent.
4. Red tape remains a perennial issue, but the difficulties of navigating the bureaucracy have been outweighed by the eventual benefits of successful market entry; a long-term view is required.
5. Besides the taxes levied by the central government – customs duty, central excise duty, there are taxes levied by the state government too viz., value added tax, central sales tax, entry tax/ octroi.